- Safety - qualified guides, and we exceed industry operating standards, as one of only a few operations to have a full time snow safety team, as well as 2 or 3 guides in the cat. We are also able with the snowcats to get to the top of all the mountains that we ski - this really helps, as it means that we generally have less overhead hazard, are able to better test the slopes that we are concerned about.
- Huge and varied terrain - over 700 named runs (plus lots more unnamed runs), 8 main peaks, 220km of snowcat road, spread out over 20,000 acres of terrain. The area is big - even for guides that are out skiing every day - it takes about 2 years to ski all the runs.
- Separate trips for Uber Experts, experts, advanced, and intermediate skiers and riders - this means that you generally ski withpeople going at the same speed: experts get the super steeps, pillows and cliffs they enjoy, while intermediates can cruise along in bowls and spaced trees, without performance anxiety
- Best Gladed skiing - One of our speacialities is glade skiing - glades maintain and keep the best snow, and provide some of the funnest skiing on the planet.
- We are one of the largest cat ski operations in the world, We have 10 snowcats (6 snowcats with passenger boxes, and 2 road building cats) in the busy period we normally run 5 snowcats per day. We have 220km of snowcat roads
- Super fast cats - PB400's and PB300's are the best in the business. More skiing, More runs, and less waiting. We have more snowcats than any other operation.
- Unmatched accommodation choice - choose from super quality 5 star condos, 5 star hotels, Boutique Lodges, to cheap hostels, or our social lodge options with other cat skiers.
- Access - easy to get to from Spokane (2.5 hours). Fly into Castlegar (30minutes) or Kelowna (3.5 hours) - just minutes from Red Mountain to the snowcats on our shuttle bus, or self-drive.
- Flexibility - book one day, six days, or alternate with resort skiing. Because you're staying right at a world-class ski resort, you can mix your cat skiing with resort days, have some group members cat ski while others are at the resort
- Great value - we have the best price and quality mix, and we DO provide rain cheques and resort options, so you're guaranteed to ski or ride.
Prices range C$399-C$599 per day. Book Now!
Cat skiing at Big Red Cats is all about the powder! With 19,300 acres and 8 mountains offering some of the best tree skiing and glades in the world, you can choose from separate trips for Expert, Advanced, and Intermediate skiers and riders (even "Uber Expert" if you dare!) - to get the level of adventure that you're looking for, or put a group of 12 together and get one seat free!
Choose from small and social lodging such as the Red Shutter Inn and cabin at Red Mountain, to group accommodation like the Big Red Lodge or modern and comfortable slopeside condos - you can book our lodging, or stay wherever you like and just book cat skiing with us. Spend every day out in the cats, or alternate with days at Red Mountain and nearby Whitewater resorts - both also renowned for their bountiful powder and interesting off-piste terrain, in Rossland and Nelson, voted #1 Ski Towns by Powder Magazine!
Enjoy apres ski at our "Fresh" clubhouse. Great for breakfast and coffee before skiing, you can meet your guide here in the morning before jumping on the free shuttle to the snowcats. Request a photographer, and enjoy your ski photos on the big screen over apres beverages and snacks, and come later in the evening for an excellent dinner.
Safety is our main concern, but fun is what it's all about! Our guides all have CSGA, ACMG or international equivalent guide qualifications and CAA professional avalanche training, and our year-round mechanic makes sure that we always have 6 powdercats ready to go, so that there is always a backup, and no mechanical down days.